Monday, October 28, 2013

An Update on the Birds

All three birds are doing great!

Karl has finished his moulting, and he looks far better. He is still not tame, but I am not giving up and I have decided to go through a budgie taming process that I saw online.

He quickly learned to play with toys and chew on cuttle bone (his previous owner did not give him any). He still almost  never eats millet, although on one cute instance all three of them were eating together.

Kiki is doing quite well, and she gets along well, for the most part, with Karl (they now share a cage). I have given her a nest box, and she goes in and out, and has taken out most of the paper strips in it. Still no signs of eggs being on the way.

Kiki always hated swings until Karl showed her it was perfectly safe. Now they probably spend hours on their swing.

Tintin is not yet hand tame, but she is far more used to me. She will step onto a stick, and I plan on getting her to step onto my hand very soon. She's afraid of hands, for some reason. She has improved a lot in regards to hissing and snapping at me. She has a nice, medium sized cage. She can't fully fly in it, but she can stretch out and flap her wings.

She LOVES her cuttle bone and chewing up her toys. She still squawks.

All three of the birds tend to get along well together.

The main bird things I have to spend more time on are taming Karl and Tintin and working harder on getting them to eat fruits and vegetables. I have a feeling Tintin would be the most likely, and perhaps the keets could learn from her.

I was going to close with a very adorable picture of all three birds perched together, but for some reason I can't find the picture! I will post in when I can.

1 comment:

  1. It must be a lot of fun watching your birds...Grandpa and I love watching all the birds that come to our feeder and birdbath. Keep up the good work of training your birds!

    Canadian Grandma

    ReplyDelete