Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Jefferson City Veterinary Museum

Well, we were in Jefferson City for something, and we decided to go to the Jefferson City Veterinary Museum. Mom and Dad had gone there before, but I hadn't. It it free to get in.

It's a very small museum, just two rooms of exhibits, but they have some interesting stuff. There was a display of medicine, mostly used for both humans and animals. I think it said on one bottle "One pill for a man; two for a horse."

You can also look at real-life x-rays from a modern vet.

I thought the coolest things were the things in jars- like a fetus calf at various ages, giant kidney stones from a horse, and (my favorite) some perfectly persevered conjoined piglets!

It is a small museum, but, as I said it was free. It isn't the sort of place you'd drive far to see, but if you live in Jeff City or a nearby city like Columbia, it's worth stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. That is some museum! Not one that I would like to visit tho'...it would turn my stomach!


    canadian grandma

    ReplyDelete