Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Basset Hound

Basset Hounds are a type of Scent Hound.

Sadly, Basset Hounds are unintelligent and can be challenging to train. Yet, Bassets are friendly, loving pets, and, with patience, they can be trained.


Many people dislike the Basset Hound because of its looks, and its short legs. Basset Hound lovers often say they are cute, though.

I had first hand experience with a Basset when my friend was petsitting one. I will write about what the hound was like.

First of all, the hound was an outdoor dog. It was not trained to do any tricks. It was extremely friendly. She loved going for walks around my friend's yard, and was surprisingly fast for something with such short legs. She would get all excited when anyone approached her and would sometimes jump (something that can be difficult for a Basset.) She seemed like a good dog, and never once tried to bite.

Personally, I wouldn't really want a Basset Hound (I like Shelties, Corgis, Collies and other herding breeds best), but I think they are pretty good dogs, and perfect for someone who wants a low energy dog breed. and yes, I do think they are kind of cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment